The Tropicana evolved out of a nightclub called Edén Concert, operated in the late 1930's by the late by Cuban impresario Victor de Correa. Two casino operators approached de Correa about opening a combination casino and cabaret on a property in Marianao rented from Guillermina Pérez Chaumont, known as Mina. The operators felt the tropical gardens of the Villa Mina would provide a natural setting for an outdoor cabaret. In December 1939, de Correa moved his company of singers, dancers and musicians into a converted mansion located on the estate. Originally known as El Beau Site, de Correa decided to rename it The Tropicana. With a fanfare from the Alfredo Brito Orchestra El Tropicana opened on December 30, 1939. Martín Fox, a well-connected gambler began renting table space in the casino. Eventually by 1950 he amassed enough profits to take over the lease of what would become The Tropicana.
Courtesy Private Collection.
Gallery quality Giclée print on natural white, matte, 100% cotton rag, acid and lignin free archival paper using Epson K3 archival inks. Custom printed with border for matting and framing.
All printed in USA.
Each product is accompanied by a copy of the interior menu where available.