Balalaika, San Francisco 1950s
960 Bush Street in San Francisco was a church from 1918 until 1931. After that a succession of clubs and theatres occupied the space until 1947 when the "colorful" Balalaika opened offering Continental music and Old-world cuisine. "The Continental art of dining expresses itself in this lovely setting... where inspired cuisine is served amidst the haunting strains of Gypsy melodies.. and candlelight." Balalaika closed in 1955. In 1971 The Boarding House opened in the space and became one of San Francisco's most famous comedy and music clubs.
Courtesy Private Collection.
Gallery quality Giclée print on natural white, matte, 100% cotton rag, acid and lignin free archival paper using Epson K3 archival inks. Custom printed with border for matting and framing.
All printed in USA.