The first Paxton Manor was built in 1882 and named after William Paxton, a local legend who made his fortune in cattle and trains. President McKinley and Buffalo Bill Cody stayed there. It was demolished in 1927 to make way for the new Hotel Paxton. It opened for business on June 26, 1929. With interior design by Marshall, Field and Company of Chicago, features included four dining rooms, a barbershop and a ballroom, along with amenities including elevators, telegraph and cable services, and a rooftop dog kennel with runways. Room rates started at $2.50 a night. The hotel closed in 1964 and the building reopened in 2004 as The Paxton Grand Condominium.
Courtesy Private Collection.
Gallery quality Giclée print on natural white, matte, 100% cotton rag, acid and lignin free archival paper using Epson K3 archival inks. Custom printed with border for matting and framing.
All printed in USA.
Each product is accompanied by a copy of the interior menu where available.