Our House, Savannah GA 1940s
"In 1945, Herbert Traub opened his first restaurant, a drive-in called Our House located on Victory Drive and Skidaway Road in Savannah. Traub also opened the Triple XXX drive-in restaurant on Victory Drive across from Grayson Stadium and the Harvest House on Ogeechee Road. However, his most successful restaurant was the Pirates' House. Located at East Broad and West Bay streets, he and a partner opened the Pirates' House in 1953. By the time he sold the Pirates' House 34 years later, it was one of the best restaurants in the South, and among America's 50 most successful restaurants.
Herbert Traub was also active in community organizations such as the Junior Chamber of Commerce and later the Rotary Club. He pushed the city of Savannah to light its many monuments at night and spearheaded efforts in the early 1990s to beautify the Daffin Park lake in Savannah. Herbert Traub died on 20 March 2008."
Courtesy Private Collection.
Gallery quality Giclée print on natural white, matte, 100% cotton rag, acid and lignin free archival paper using Epson K3 archival inks. Custom printed with border for matting and framing.
All printed in USA.
Each product is accompanied by a copy of other elements of the menu where available.