Trocadero, London 1913
The Trocadero Grill Room in opened in 1896 as a less expensive option than dining at the Ritz or Savoy hotels. Diners entered from Shaftesbury Avenue, ascending a grand marble staircase, and were led into a vast grill-room. A full orchestra played in the background as white-jacketed waiters scurried back and forth between tables, watched over by a superintendent. The great English humorist P.G. Wodehouse was a regular customer – he dined there at least once a week. Indian curries " cooked by a native chef" were on the menu three times a week. The Trocadero, owned by Joseph Lyons and Co, was one of the first restaurants to introduce a fixed price meal – the table d’hote for two shillings and sixpence. It meant gentlemen in a rush could eat quickly before going off to business meetings or to the theatre and it proved very popular.
Gallery quality Giclée print on natural white, matte, 100% cotton rag, acid and lignin free archival paper using Epson K3 archival inks. Custom printed with border for matting and framing.
Printed in USA.
Each print is accompanied by a copy of the menu interior or cover